Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Zumba like you've never danced before...

Some dancing inspirations for me....




Lots of people asked me how I got into Zumba and became an instructor... Well, my love for dance began at a very young age, I started to dance (comptempory dance, folk dance) at the age of 7 and have participated some solo/group dance competitions... and then for some reason ( I will explain it in another post), I stoped dancing for years... During this period, I felt like a part of me missing. Then one day I saw a Zumba ad on the TV, all of a sudden, I was like "hey, that is what I want to do... combine the dance with fitness!"

Everything happened so fast, I registered for the instructor workshop and obtained my certificate... now I have my own Zumba class every Saturday morning at 11 a.m. with a group of enthousiast girls (hello to all my Zumba girls who are reading this post!!! :-) ).

The greatest thing with Zumba is that each instructor has his own style... Zumba started with some latin basic dance steps (salsa, sambao, merengue, cumbia ...) and it has been extended to all the dances from all around the World: belly dance, reggaeton etc...

The most requently asked question is what shoes should I wear to Zumba. So I have made a little selection of dance shoes I love:

Nike shox influential

These are the ones I actually wear to my Zumba class... very comfortable and stylish. They are my all time favorite shox... and I own like 10 pairs.
You can buy them here for much cheaper, I paid more than 130€ for mine :-(

Nike Q'Vida


These are a similer design to the influential, I have never tried them but they look kinda cool... I am trying to find a pair of my size.

Found them here:


Adidas Yatra ballerina

These are perfect for a warmer weather... very light and can be worn as ballerina flats everyday as well... love.

From adidas online:

Nike air divine

These shoes are a classic from Nike, they look great as casual shoes as well, and the price is pretty good too...they come in lots of colors as well. :-)

Buy them from Nike shop online:

Puma drift cat:




These shoes are so cool, I would like to put my hands on a pair in my size...but this edition is pretty rare and hard to find. The design is pretty identical to the speed cat which I adore and I use very often as dance shoes, supply and thin sole very soft upper leather.

There's only one pair left on here:

Hope you ladies have found the pair you like among my little selection... Come and join us every Saturday morning, move your body, free your mind and bring out the sensuality in you!




Source: Nike, Adidas, Puma

No comments:

Post a Comment