Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dance like nobody is watching, love like your heart has never been broken...

(in the picture: H&M Garden collection high waist shorts; H&M pink shirt)













There's one thing that I always say, " Dance like nobody is watching, dance to bring out your sensuality and feminity...dance your sexy @ss off... :D"

Lots of my girls in Zumba class come to me and tell me how they enjoy and appreciate the class ( Girls, believe me, I am the lucky one to have you all in my class... <3 ). 

As many of you may have known that I had danced for almost 10 years (from 7-16) and then I "broke up"(yes, that is the word)  with the dance since I couldn't continue as a semi-professional dancer because of my height... when the jury told me that, I heard litteraly the sound of my heart breaking...and then I threw away all my dance costumes, burned all the awards I got in the past...

During the past years, I have hardly talked about dance and even less my past... I needed the time to move on from this "10-year relationship". Somehow there's always a little fire in the very deep inside of me keeps burning and I felt a part of me missing... until one day, I woke up and realized I NEED TO DANCE!

I opened my Zumba class  and almost immediately it had great success... I see so many girls being shy and hardly move when they come for the first time and then transform to a real "dancing queen" after several classes... :-)

The message that I want to spread through my classes is, " Feel comfortable in your heels, bring out the goddess in you! Enjoy yourself, enjoy what you are doing, enjoy the present..."


(source: google, dirty dancing)


Another story, I had a girl talk with my girls in Chinese class about love relationships. We have talked about the book "why men love bitches" (I will write a post about this funny book that I recommand all the girls to read for a good laugh...:D )

Then  we concluded that we should not open our heart and protect ourselves in a relationship... haha, how lame!

I walked home while thinking about this conversation. Suddenly I felt sad that in this urban jungle, people have to pretend & protect... can't we one day be loved just for what we are?

Certainly you can play safe and protect your heart, but if the door is closed, you won't get hurt but nobody can enter in either... keep your mind and heart open is the only way to recieve...

Love is such a gift, do you still remember the feeling of fall in love for the first time...? Heard this song "Baby" by Justin Bieber on the radio and found it on the You Tube and want to share it with you all (ok, I know it is such a cheesy song, but I just love it... :p) the text is so sweet, haven't we all been there some time in our life...? Ok, I may make a choregraphy of this song for next Zumba class... ;-)


"Love like your heart has never been broken... there's no better feeling than giving, loving and enjoying... even you may get hurt, at least you will have lived & loved!"  I told myself last night before falling asleep...

Haha, sorry for the long written post... I am feeling a little bit "Carrie Bradshaw" these days... :p
Enjoy and keep your face to the Sun, smile... :-) as I always say love is the key word...



2 comments:

  1. Reading your post and thoughts about relationships, love etc life's big matter, somehow Carrie "Sex and the City" Bradshaw came into my mind too ;). I am happy for you that you found your lost love again (talking about dance).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Carrie, sors de mon corps... :p

    Anyway I am happy to be able to dance again with my girls Zumba class...

    ReplyDelete